Yes, there is a proper way to clean out your refrigerator. Although you probably know how to wipe down the glass shelves, did you know that the condenser coils need vacuumed twice a year? Below are step by step instructions on how to clean your refrigerator.
- Empty the refrigerator and wipe the interior with a mixture of water and baking soda. Take out the glass shelves and plastic drawers and wash them in the sink. It’s best to let the glass shelves come back to room temperature before putting them back into the refrigerator so they don’t crack.
- Discard of expired foods so you have space for fresh ones.
- Place an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator.
- Wipe the outside of the refrigerator, especially the handle.
- Clean the condenser coils, which are at the back or front bottom of your refrigerator. Before you vacuum the coils, make sure you turn off the refrigerator. If you have pets, the coils should be vacuumed more than twice a year.