LED Motion-Activated Walkway Lights Last and Last
Unlike outdoor lights that stay on all the time, motion-activated lamps only come on when someone walks within their range. This is a practical way to illuminate paths and driveways without wasting money on extra electricity you don’t need (not much point in lighting the yard when nobody’s looking at it!).
These motion-activated walkway lights from Hammacher Schlemmer have some nice extras, too:
- adjustable length of “on” time (program them for a few seconds or up to 5 minutes)
- ability to stay on low all evening and brighten to full power when motion is detected
- remote control that lets you turn them off and on manually from up to 75 feet away
- battery-powered so no need to dig trenches for underground wiring
- long-lasting LED bulbs (50,000 hours before they need to be replaced!)
$50 gets you a set of two lamps, and, since there’s no wiring, you can just stick them in the ground to install. Handy stuff.